Friday, January 29, 2016

Aloha to Safety Harbor - The Pier, Marina, and Library


Continuing my walk around my home town of Safety Harbor, the pier is a symbol of our city.


The seagull rests on the channel marker, reminding boaters to watch out for manatees. 


The bay offers a small beach better suited for rock collecting than sun bathing.


Yes, let's go to Safety Harbor after this week of snow ... 


... I would be on Cloud 9!


Safety Harbor also boasts a world class library with helpful libraries ...  


... here's the fine print.  Indeed, the Librarians are Human Search Engines!


I found proud parents of a Navy Sailor!  Speaking of sailing, what would you name your boat?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, January 30, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 31.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

The City of Tampa rises in the distance.

7 comments:

  1. I love piers. If I had a boat I am not sure what I would name it. Something to do with dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love piers and water I find it calm and soothing however I know waters can be dangerous so I'll name my boat "Fiery Fury"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love piers and water I find it calm and soothing however I know waters can be dangerous so I'll name my boat "Fiery Fury"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a boat - I might name one 'Keep Floating'

    ReplyDelete