Thursday, January 8, 2015

Aloha to the Washington Wizards with the UT Alumni/DC Chapter


My children and I attended the Washington Wizards versus the Chicago Bulls on December 22 courtesy of the University of Tampa (UT) Alumni chapter in Washington, DC. 


The Wizards invited a hand bell choir to perform the National Anthem.


This was my first basketball game ... it was action packed.


During one of the time outs, the Wizards recognized military personnel.  The entire stadium stood and clapped.


During another time out, the Wizards asked the audience to vote for the "freshest fan of the game".


I voted for the fan in the blue starred jacket ... and he won!


The half time show included a dance troupe ...


... and the cheerleaders.  It was an energizing performance.


Have you attended a basketball game - local league, high school, college, or professional?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash. Comments are open through Saturday, January 11, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 12, at SOS Aloha.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City



12 comments:

  1. I've been to a couple of NBA games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite memories was when my dad and I went to see the Harlem Globetrotters. They were so much fun to watch. We sat in the front row and at one point they pulled people from the audience to dance with them. They had my dad go on the court with them and he danced with them. We laughed about it for a long time. A cherished memory of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in high school I attended most of the basketball games....(I had a crush on one of the players) and I've been to a couple of Chicago Bulls games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love basketball games. This year we were selected as fan of the game and were given a gc to a great restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was in highschool I always went to the games, I really enjoyed basketball and played it myself in high school. Brings back great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to the high school basketball games, including Donkey Basketball. And I've seen the Harlem Globetrotters. Haven't seen any profressional games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to a basketball game since high school. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun, yes I have it was great , great pics
    Thanks
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to a professional or College basketball game but I did attend many high school games. During the Varsity game there was a band of three upperclassmen and they played many of the games instead of the marching band. The dance team always performed at half time and it was neat. Many people socialized in the stands though and didn't pay much attention to the game. We lived in a small town where everybody knew everybody else. The game you went to looked like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter played for a couple of years. And let me just say some parents shouldn't have been allowed to attend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! I know the contest is over. My husband and sons were at the UM game last night and going to see the Wizards on Saturday. I saw them when they were the Bullets. I've been to professional, college, high school, and rec basketball games--my boys play.

    ReplyDelete