Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Aloha to Florida - Trader Mae's Decor Superstore in Apopka


I am currently in Florida with my teens.  My college friend in Orlando introduced me to Trader Mae's Decor Superstore in nearby Apopka.   From its website (link),

Whether you are looking for furniture, home decor items, antiques, or any other decorations or products for your home, come to us! Here, you can visit over 100 different vendors in the same facility for your convenience.


Follow the yellow brick road to these homemade "dolls" from the Wizard of Oz!


I enjoyed browsing through the eclectic selection ...


 ... including one dedicated to Paris!


 Isn't this a clever use of an vintage suitcase?


Notice the "crown" with the fleur de lis ...


... if only I had room in my luggage!


A closer look at the vintage water skis reveals a Florida icon - Cypress Gardens!


How about these creative cards?

  


 This is a clever idea to repurpose a muffin pan!


Do you have a "antique mall" or "crafts shop" near you?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's posts wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 16, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 17.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City 



10 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun store. Nothing real close but I've visited a few while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None here ,greet place, thanks
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have any here either Kim. This place looks amazing, and something that I would love to explore. Are you staying up in the Orlando area, or venturing down south?

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have them all over. They aren't my fav so I haven't been in a long while. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen them around here, but never went in to look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do have some shops and I love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have several antique shops and craft stores. Especially in Old Town San Diego...lots of Mexican crafts, pottery, etc. (I love those water skis in the photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a lot of antique shops in the vicinity and just the usual Hobby Lobby & Michaels for crafting. Oh, and JoAnn's. We also have a lot of quilting stores.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Where can i sell my stuff online for free

    ReplyDelete