Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Aloha to Florida - Philippe Park in Pinellas County


I enjoyed an early morning power walk through Philippe Park. From its website (link),

Philippe Park was acquired in 1948, making it the oldest park in the county. This historically rich park bears the name of Count Odet Philippe who introduced citrus culture to Florida. The existing park property was part of the original Philippe plantation from which several citrus trees still remain.


This is the first time I've seen these flowers ... 


... and this bird! Do you have any unusual flora or fauna near you?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 16, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, Auguts 17.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

This house backs up to Philippe Park ...
 and it is rumored to be owned by John Travolta.


5 comments:

  1. WE have the usual around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No we don not
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing unusual that I can think of is the stuff that grows in my backyard that I would classify as weeds, but is actually good stuff and ends up in tea or salads or in stir fry. Hubby is a forager!

    ReplyDelete