Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Aloha to Barbara Vey's Reader Appreciation Luncheon - Goody Bags!



Continuing my recap of Barbara Vey's Reader Appreciation Luncheon (link and link), everyone received a tote bag from Debbie Macomber, the guest speaker, plus a dozen books!


Each author donated a door prize.  I was chatting when the first author began to read the numbers ... 


5 ... 3 ... 1 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 7 

I won "spy tools" from romantic suspense author Cindy Dees!


How lucky are you?  Have you won anything from a raffle, lottery, or other game of chance?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's posts win a book choice from my convention stash. Comments are open through Saturday, May 3, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, May 4.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Coming tomorrow ... new authors to meet!




9 comments:

  1. Love your cool prize. I have won a couple of raffles when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I am fortunate enough to win all kinds of things (of course I compulsively enter contests all over the place, lol). Looks like it's a great meeting, glad you are having such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great yes I have it is great, thanks
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I win every once in a while. I do have good luck with blogs and winning books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have won quite a few books and amazon gift cards. I feel very lucky whenever I win. Lottery wins however not much.
    Lucky you to go these great events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win and this sounds like it was a very fun event :) I win free books occasionally and it feels awesome!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win Kim. I've never won anything in a raffle. My husband did many years ago though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't had much luck with raffles. I do win books and gift cards on the blogs I visit.

    ReplyDelete