Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Aloha to Baltimore Area Council (BAC) Scouting Achievements - Eagles and Volunteers


You may recall the Oahu Chief - a statue outside my youngest son's elementary school from Pearl Harbor.

Kalani I Ka Lewa
Ascend to the Heavens

Kalani I Ka Lewa by artist Viliami Toluta’u was inspired by the natural instinct in humanity to be free as we are in America. The young Ali’i (chief) is releasing an eagle into the heavens, symbolizing the potential of children to soar high in life with education as their wings. 

Note the chief released an eagle ... 


... my oldest son completed his Eagle Scout Project in Hawaii.  He created the "Hickam Historic Trail".  I posted pictures on our travel blog, ALOHA ON MY MIND, at this link, link, and link.   We moved one week after Andrew passed his Eagle Scout Board of Review - the Aloha Council mailed his Eagle Award to our new address in Maryland. 


Each spring, the Baltimore Area Council (BAC) recognizes the Class of Eagles from the previous year.  This year, the BAC invited Andrew to participate in their reception.   In 2013, over 400 Scouts in the BAC received the rank of Eagle (with 100+ attended the reception).   


The reception also recognized two teen girls who received the Silver Star for Venture Crew (seated with the Eagles above) and notable adult volunteers (seated below).   Finally, the BAC recognized four more volunteers for working with Socuts with special needs.


Do you have any Scouts in your family?

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City


6 comments:

  1. Congrats to Andrew. No scouts in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a long time Girl Scout leader but now my children are all grown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No scouts in our family. I was a Brownie when I was a little girl!! Congratulations to Andrew on his accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congratulations! Both my daughters were in the Girl Scouts as was I as a child and then a co-leader later on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried posting twice before - hopefully this one will work! First of all, Congratulations to Andrew and kudos to BAC for including him in their celebration. I was in the brownies for a little bit, but it was too far to travel for girl scouts. I was active with my daughter when she was in Girl Scouts (assistant leader and Cookie Mom).

    ReplyDelete