Thursday, October 11, 2012

Aloha to Maui - Ka'anapali



Leaving the rural roads behind, we drove to the Ka'anapali area with the big resorts .... 


... the Hanakao'o Beach Park is home of the Kahana Canoe Club whose hulls are posed to race to Molokai in the distance.


Even on the beach boardwalk, we found flowers ...


... in all colors!


This is the first time I have seen these birds!


Everyone's happy in Hawaii!
  

The palm trees cast shadows on the golden sands of this former plantation.


David catches a wave!  Ka'anapali offers a wide range of beach activities - snorkeling, surfing, sailing, stand up paddling, and building sand castles!  What do you like to do at the beach?   One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  This giveaway is open to all readers.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 13, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 14.

Mahalo,

Kim in Hawaii

David catches a snooze ... 

11 comments:

  1. I'm lazy when I do go to the beach I like to lay in the sun and read and get my feet wet in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to snorkel, like to lay on a lounge chair and watch the waves, and I'd like to take a surfing lesson sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just like to lie down and read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel as if I am on tour with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading is one of the things I enjoy doing. I also love walking
    slowly down the beach and collecting sea shells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to walk on the beach as well as relax by reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like playing in the sand with my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been snorkeling a few times and really enjoy it. I use to be better at it when I was 60 pounds lighter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like just lounging and building sand castles.

    ReplyDelete